Background: Argosy Communications, Co. was founded in December 2015 when Creativity and Blake merged. In January 2016, they acquired KBCharge for US$5M. Shortly after, they acquired DinosaurGuy from Disney for 3 million dollars to get their distribution rights back.
(December 20, 2015-April 28, 2017)
Nicknames: "Zooming/Flashing Argosy"
Logo: On a black background, an outline of the Big A logo zooms out, leaving a smoky trail behind it. The trail and "Big A" outline splits into three. The smoky trails get sucked into the logo, which stops in the top center of the screen. The "Big A" logo is a crystallized. Then, Aaron the Cat and the letters in the words "ARGOSY COMMUNICATIONS" appear on-by-one below the Big A. A blue line starts in the center of the company name and splits into two, one line going towards the top of the screen, and one towards the bottom. The lines wipe the screen and bring forth either the Argosy Media "Classic Aaron", the Colour Cookie "DanWarp Cookie", or another subsidiary logo. The Big A logo and Aaron zooms towards the viewer as this happens.
- On television, it starts when Aaron says "Argosy Communications!"
- There is an early variant of the TV variant of the logo. In it, The logo plays normal. But instead of the lines wiping, the logo fades into the Argosy Media logo. This is was seen on a few episodes of The New Aaron Show.
- Sometimes, The white rather appear as tan, light yellow or blue.
FX/SFX: Very cool 2010s computer graphics.
Music/Sounds: A synth chord seguing into some whooshing sounds combined with a drum-beat, followed by a synth trumpet fanfare, and then Aaron saying "Best known for it's purr-fect TV shows, TV movies, high quality, and me, Aaron, it's the one and only, Argosy Communications!" and a metallic hit at the end (which is not present on the early variant).
Availability: Common. Seen in all prints by the company's subsidiaries from December 2015 to April 2017.
Editor’s Note: None.
(April 28, 2017-)
Nicknames: "Zooming/Flashing Aaron, Rainbow Cookie, and Battery", "I (Love) Argosy", "CGI Aaron, Rainbow Cookie, and Battery", "Video-wall of Boxes", "The KBCharge Battery and the Colour Cookie meet Aaron the Cat"
Logo: The logo takes place in a video-wall. It starts out with a blurry dark background of boxes. We zoom out and pan in front of a box outlined in white. On the top of the screen, are the words "ARGOSY", outlined in white. We start to zoom out, and the words and the box leave a smoky trail behind them. The trail and the outline of the box and words split into three. As this happens, the background begins to light up, revealing it to be gray, with the boxes showing clips from Argosy Communications TV shows and movies (the boxes flicker clip after clip and still have grey sides). The smoky trails get sucked into the logo, which stops in the top center of the screen. Finally, the words light up in white and the box moves up, splitting into two, with Aaron the Argosy Cat on the left (2013 version, without the "argosy media" text or byline) and the Colour Cookie on the right (2010 version with retouched cookie, without the company name or "DANWARP" text). From below the splitting box comes the KBCharge battery (2010 version). When the boxes and battery assume their positions, a flash appears from underneath the logo, and the light dies down to reveal the words "Communications" below everything else. Then, the logo flashes to the same result, but on dark blue gradient background. After 3 seconds, Aaron says "Best known for it's purr-fect TV shows, TV movies, high quality, and me, Aaron, it's the one and only, Argosy Communications!", and then a white dot appears in the center of the screen and the logo zooms towards us as the dot turns into a white box outline. The box zooms towards us and brings forth either the Argosy Media "Classic Aaron", the Colour Cookie "DanWarp Cookie", the KBCharge battery, the DinosaurGuy Minneapolis skyline, or another subsidiary logo.
- Sometimes, there is a standalone version where there is no white dot and no zoom through, therefore none of the Argosy logos follow.
- The home entertainment version is the standalone version with "Communications" replaced with "Home Entertainment".
- Sometimes, at the opening of some TV shows, the Home Entertainment logo begins when the box splits into two and a battery.
- The Blu-ray version is the standalone version, but the logo is washed-out and blurred, but when it stops at the center, a big blue flash reveals "Blu-ray Disc" in its own logo and restores the logo's natural color and sharpness.
- On some of the logo's first features, on both the home entertainment and Blu-ray versions, the zoom is kept intact, and either "Coming Soon To Theaters", "Now avaliable on Blu-ray Disc and DVD" or "Premiering on TV soon" appears in gold text and remains for 5 seconds.
- Sometimes, the URL "www.argosycommunications.com" appears below everything else.
- Sometimes, on the AHE logo, the "Communications" text appears below the battery and above the "Home Entertainment" or "Blu-ray Disc" text. The movie and home entertainment logos appear more zoomed out in this variation.x
- On What's Up with Kevin!, Aaron is replaced by Kevin (Kevin and Aaron are both voiced by Rick Buckley) who says "Best known for it's purr-fect TV shows, TV movies, high quality, and me, Kevin, it's the one and only, Argosy Communications!".
- The "Argosy Communications Television" logo is the same as the original and/or standalone version, but "Communications" is replaced by "Domestic Television" or "International Television" and it starts off with the box splitting into 2 with a battery.
- Sometimes, "Distributed by" appears above "ARGOSY". This is mostly on shows airing in syndication and at the end of some films.
- A variation of the AC logo seen at the end of movies has the logo already formed, with "Distributed by" above the logo and "Argosy Communications Exclusive Distributor" below the byline, with the URL"www.argosycommunications.com" underneath that.
- There is a version used for ACT, where a darker box zooms back and then splits to form the logo.
- On some shows, including those by DinosaurGuy Network, a copyright disclaimer appears below everything else.
- On syndicated prints of The New Aaron Show, after the CTV/Bell Media logo finishes, there is a shot of the box and words zooming out, with "in association with ARGOSY MEDIA" at the center of the screen. After two seconds, the words fade out and the shot continues into the Argosy Domestic Television Distribution logo, which zooms into the Argosy Media logo.
- Sometimes, on the television logo, the URL appears below "Communications", and is sometimes sandwiched in between "Communications" and the copyright disclaimer.
- On DinosaurGuy Network shows airing from May 2017 onwards, an orange ball grows and forms an orange flag above "ARGOSY", "A DinosaurGuy Network Production" (in the Bitstream Vera Sans Mono font) fades in, with "produced by" sandwiched in between the phrase and the "ARGOSY" text.
- On syndicated prints of DinosaurGuy Network shows produced prior to May 2017 and some produced after that date, "produced by" below "A DinosaurGuy Network Production" is changed to either "distributed by" or "in association with".
- Sometimes, on the television logo, the "Communications" text appears below the KBCharge battery and above the "Domestic Television" or "International Television" text. The logo appears more zoomed out in this variation.
- From time to time, variations will appear on the television logo, where random characters from random Argosy Communications TV shows and movies pop up randomly in the background.
- A still variant of the television logo exists.
- On Snotrocket, The logo fades to the A.K.A Cartoon logo (Ed, Edd n Eddy variant).
FX/SFX: Incredible CGI, not to mention that they also retouched Aaron, the cookie, and the battery.
Music/Sounds: A rearranged and extended version of the Argosy Media theme, with stronger drumbeat and string section, clocking in at 12 seconds. For the television variant, it's a shortened version of the normal theme, with 0:00-0:01 of the theme leading up to 0:10 of the theme, minus the string section. On the Blu-ray version, the movie theme plays, with some wind sounds and a sparkle during the flash.
- For shows produced by DinosaurGuy Network, the music is either the DinosaurGuy Network theme or the last part of the show's end credits theme.
- On the variant of the television logo with the extended shot of the box, a majestic wind-blowing note in the same note as the original theme plays and segues into either the Argosy Media theme or the standard Argosy Communications theme.
- Some DinosaurGuy Network shows have an extended version of the DinosaurGuy International Media Services theme playing during the logo with the extended shot of the box. On the standard version, the regular theme plays.
- For shows and movies produced by Colour Cookie, either the 2010 Colour Cookie Productions theme or 2001 Colour Cookie Pictures theme plays. Both themes have added reverb.
- For some movies, the first logo's music is heard. This is sometimes accompanied by the short Argosy Media theme.
- For shows produced by DinosaurGuy International Media Services, the 2008 DinosaurGuy International Media Services theme plays.
- On KBCharge shows, the KBCharge 2010 music is used.
- All of these themes have high-tone and low-tone variants.
- Some movies/shows play their opening/closing theme, or nothing at all.
Availability: Very common. Seen on every Argosy Communications movie and show from April 2017 to the present. May also plaster some past logos on Argosy/Colour Cookie/KBCharge/DinosaurGuy shows. The still variant can be also seen on 2019 reruns of Ed, Edd n Eddy on Cartoon Network UK.
Editor’s Note: Using the inspiration from the Columbia-Tristar Boxes of Boredom, the 2000 LWT video wall logo, the previous Argosy Communications and the MGM/UA Communications Co. logo is really worth the effort!