This page is important and should not be deleted.
Anyone doing so will have their adminship revoked and banned, depending on the importance of the page.
DHX Media Ltd. is a Canadian production company formed in 2006 by the merger of Decode Entertainment and Halifax Film Company, the name being an abbreviation of these two. They acquired Studio B Productions in December 2007, and bought Wild Brain for $8 million in 2010, and on August 20, 2012, DHX acquired Cookie Jar for $111 million, completing the deal on October 22 of the same year. This deal made DHX became the largest independent owner of children's entertainment content. DHX also purchased Ragdoll Worldwide from Ragdoll Limited and BBC Worldwide in 2013. DHX didn't use a logo until 2007.
1st Logo (2007)
Logo: Just the following text on black:
Availability: Seen on Shake Hands with the Devil, which is credited to Halifax Film.
Scare Factor: None.
2nd Logo (October 15th, 2011 -January 18th, 2014; December 1st, 2015; June 29, 2016)
Logo: On a black background, we see the letters "dhx" in white, surrounded by a thick blue outline. Above "hx" is a white "media", set in Gill Sans.
- On every show and movie from 2013 to 2014 (excluding My Little Pony: Equestria Girls), there are blue cartoony clouds under the logo, a registered trademark next to "media", and a byline that reads "DHX MEDIA is a registered trademark of DHX Media Ltd."
- A white background version of the above variant appears on the Canadian sitcom Satisfaction.
- A version of the Satisfaction variant without the clouds and the byline shifted slightly to the left appears on Pet Peeves.
- There's a black and white version used on the Inspector Gadget DVD Megaset where the logo is stationary.
- On Doozers, a Jim Henson copyright notice is below the DHX Media byline.
FX/SFX: Usually none, being a still picture, but sometimes it is slowly zooming towards the viewer.
Cheesy Factor: It's just too simple for a logo, and it looks slightly ugly. Also, it looks like it reads "Media DHX" instead of "DHX Media".
Music/Sounds: The end theme of the show, usually. It doesn't seem to have its own music.
Availability: The still version appears at the end of more recent episodes of Pound Puppies, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic from "Lesson Zero" to "Pinkie Apple Pie", and the first two seasons of Littlest Pet Shop, all of which are on Hub Network (now Discovery Family), and the zooming-in version appears on How To Be Indie on Disney Channel in the UK and YTV in Canada.
Scare Factor: None.
3rd Logo (January 18th, 2014 - August 27, 2016)
Nicknames: "That Logo That Appears After Ponies II", "Bouncing DHX", "Ugly DHX II", "Media DHX II", "The Brony Logo II"
Logo: On a white background, the blue letters "d", "h", and "x", as well as the black letters "m", "e", "d", "i", and "a", bounce onto the screen from different directions. The "i" does not have a dot; the dot rolls onto the screen from the right. The letters in "dhx" turn white as the thick blue outline from before fades in and the letters jump into it, with the letters in "media" jumping on top of it. The dot of the "i" jumps on top of the letter and bounces slightly before settling into place.
- On some shows, such as the Inspector Gadget CGI series, a copyright date appears below.
- A still version exists on Super Why, plastering the 2007 Decode Entertainment logo.
- On the 2015 reboot of Teletubbies, the logo appears as an in-credit logo.
FX/SFX: The letters bouncing, the appearance of the "dhx" outline. It's done in actually pretty nice CGI.
Music/Sounds: A set of bouncing sounds and a chorus of children chanting "D-H-X!" over a whimsical piano/banjo ditty. Sometimes, it has the closing theme ending over it or playing over it.
- On the Romanian version of Dr. Dimensionpants, the chorus of children isn't heard.
- On Make It Pop and the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic episode "Rarity Investigates" (which also had the regular end theme replaced with a jazzy rendition of the theme), the end theme plays over the logo.
- On the French-Canadian version of the Inspector Gadget CGI series, a more generic banjo ditty replaces the chorus of children, and on both the English and French versions of the series, a one-note trumpet is heard.
- A long version of the theme exists. After the chorus of children, the dot jumps on the "i", then we hear a high trumpet note that is held for a bit, as well as a laughter from a comedian, then the music stops and we hear two more laughs.
Availability: Common; Seen on episodes of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic from "Rainbow Falls" to "Dungeons & Discords", Season 3 of Littlest Pet Shop, late-Season 17 to Season 19 of The Jumping Ground, Seasons 1 and 2 of the Inspector Gadget CGI series, and season 2 of Kate & Mim-Mim. It was seen on non-over-the-last-scene credits of season 2 of Blaze and the Monster Machines, but Nickelodeon airings has the next logo below, and the 1st season of Make It Pop, and possibly other shows. Also seen on DVD releases of said shows. The in credit variant can be seen on the 2015 Teletubbies reboot.
4th Logo (October 28, 2014 - August 20, 2016)
Nicknames: "Sliding DHX", "Ugly DHX III", "Media DHX III", "The Degrassi Logo", "Simple DHX II"
Logo: On a white background, we see the same DHX outline and text from the previous logo forming the DHX logo, the outline from the left, and the text from the right. After that, the logo very quickly zooms out then back in. Above the logo, the text "media", along with a copyright notice, transitions in from the right, with it is a registered trademark notice.
FX/SFX: The outline and text sliding, and the zoom-out.
Cheesy Factor: Same as the 2nd logo; also, this looks like work of an amateur, especially when compared to the previous logo.
Music/Sounds: A reverse cymbal clang and 3 synth notes.
Availability: Seen on the 14th season of Degrassi: The Next Generation on TeenNick, Degrassi: Next Class on Netflix, the 2nd season of Make It Pop on Nickelodeon, and pretty much all of DHX's live-action productions, replacing the Epitome logo with it.
4th Logo (June 29, 2016 -)
Nicknames: "That Logo That Appears After Ponies III", "Cyber-DHX", "The Robotic Logo" "The Jumping Ground Logo" "Ugly DHX III", "Media DHX III", "The Brony Logo III"
Logo: On a white background, we see the same DHX outline and text as before, in a greyish, metalic look. To the right, a robotic arm appears and slams the logo down into a watery surface, then collects it back and places onto the screen. The outline is light blue, and "dhx" is white. As “media” fades in, robotic arm then retracts itself and lowers down.
- A shorter version exists on most TV shows and US releases of The Jumping Ground Movie where “media” is already seen at the start of the logo, the robotic quickly rises up before slamming the logo into the water, and then swings up and down after placing the logo back in postion, until it drops down.
FX/SFX: The robotic arm moving, and the water splashing.
Music/Sounds: Robotic sounds, accompanied by a splashing sound when the robotic arm slams the logo into the water. Sometimes, it has the closing theme ending or playing over it.
Availability: Brand New. The main version is predominantly rare and was seen seen on The Jumping Ground Movie, My Little Pony: The Movie and the end of My Little Pony: Equestria Girls – Legend of Everfree. The shorter version has been more common and has been seen on newer My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic episodes starting with "Buckball Season", The Jumping Ground from Season 20 onwards, later episodes of Sheriff Callie's Wild West, The Doozers, Little People, Degrassi: Next Class, Backstage, among other shows.