|D'oh!||This page is a stub. You can improve Adam's Closing Dream Logos Wiki 2.0 by expanding it.|
1st Logo (1988-1989)
Nickname: "Robotnik ID Snippets"
Logo: There are multiple variants used:
- Fireworks: We see shadow figures of three children looking into the night sky. A firecracker (which looks like a comet streak) passes by them and we pan up into space, Then the firecracker bounces off of Scratch, then a satellite, and finally, Bushroot, who has a very angry look, before it shoots up into the sky, and then explodes into several fireworks. "Dr. Robotnik" in its familiar font forms. A more common version starts at the firecracker shooting into the sky.
- Pingas TV: On a white background, we see a girl in glasses standing next to a large, winged dog with a TV screen on it. The boy jumps onto the turtle as it flies around in circles. It then stops in the middle of the screen to reveal the "Dr. Robotik" text on the TV screen. This was done by Colossal Pictures.
- Pingas Box: On a white background with objects, we see many objects falling down, and landing in a black rectangle. Then, we see the black rectangle, but on top unfolds a orange rectangle, with "Dr. Robotnik" in the colors of the objects, which in it's familiar font, is on it. It makes a box shape, then the "Dr. Robotnik" text flashes white, and a butterfly flies out of the box.
- Fish: On a stage surrounded by blue fish, we see three green fish dancing and another one playing the piano. A curtain, with the "Dr. Robotnik" text in it's familiar font, drops. This was done by David Lubell.
- Golf: We see the toe of a golf club, with a orange golf ball with "Dr. Robotnik" on it. It hits it, and goes through a loop with a orange arrow with "Dr. Robotnik" on it. It comes through a windmill with flat orange hands with "Dr. Robotnik" on it, and finally gets through a curvy pathway with PINGAS!!! arrows pointing up.
- Submarine: We see a dinosaur standing in the middle of a field, looking around. Suddenly, the ground turns into water, and an orange submarine with "Dr. Robotnik" on it floats up to the surface, right under the dinosaur's feet. This was done by Charlex.
- Teacup: On a black background, we see a very weird looking tea-dispenser with green grass-like hair, big eyes, a tongue holding a teacup, and a tube coming out of its nose into the teacup. The tea-dispenser slowly spins so that the camera is facing the back of it, and starts to become transparent. When it becomes fully transparent, we see three fish with "Dr. Robotnik" on them swimming in circles inside.
- Bikes: On a black background, we see two hand-drawn people (one orange and one purple) riding bikes. This then changes to a blue person wearing green clothing falling over on a bike carrying packages, then to another purple person riding a bike, and finally multiple red people passing by on their bikes. During the last shot, an orange person also passes by, with one of his bike's gears reading "Dr. Robotnik". When this gear shows up on screen, every part of the orange person's bike except the gear disappears, leaving only the gear on screen.
- Clay: On a white background, we see a clay orange bomb reading "Dr. Robotnik" with a lit fuse. When the bomb detonates, it explodes into an orange drop, which transforms into an orange fish reading "Dr. Robotnik", and then into an orange triangle, also reading "Dr. Robotnik".
- Pattycake: We see two silhouettes with orange outlines playing Pattycake on the moon in outer space (we also see Earth in the background). The silhouettes clap hands two times, and four orange hands appear on screen. When they clap hands again, they disappear, and "Dr. Robotnik" appears on the four orange hands.
Trivia: These logos were all based on the iconic idents that Dr. Robotnik was known for throughout most of the 1980s.
Variant: There was a superimposed variant of the short fireworks logo that was seen on Túl zsírtartalmú van szüksége gyakorlása, the Hungarian version of You're Too Fat You Need Exercise.
FX/SFX: It depends on the variant.
Music/Sounds: The closing theme of the show.
Music/Sounds Variant: On several episodes of The Kids' $1 Trapazoid, we hear a farting version of the Viacom V of Doom music over the fireworks logo. On the video You're Too Fat You Need Excercise: The Inside Scoop, we hear the fireworks logo's music.
Availability: Most of the variants can be seen on the Orlando-taped episodes of Super Sloppy Excercise. The long fireworks version (with music) can be seen on the video You're Too Fat You Need Exercise: The Inside Scoop. The short fireworks version however, appeared on the syndicated versions of You're Too Fat You Need Exercise and The Kids' $1 Trapazoid, as well as the Plums version of Family You're Too Fat You Need Exercise (and even appeared on the 2004 Ultra TV version of You're Too Fat You Need Exercise after the "This program is based off of.." bumper). A short Robotnik Box is seen on the syndicated version of No Way and 1989 episodes of Celebrity You're Too Fat You Need Exercise (both the Philadelphia and Orlando-taped episodes). The full Pingas Box however, can be seen on the video How to Throw a Exercise Party. The golf logo can be found on some Orlando-taped SSYTFYNE episodes as well. None of these variants appear on the British and Dutch versions of You're Too Fat You Need Exercise though.
Scare Factor: None to low, depending on what you think of it.
2nd Logo (2000-2006)
Nickname: "The Weird Object"
Logo: Against a teal background, various versions of the Robotnik logo bounce around the screen (usually a weird cloud thing), eventually settling in the center. Copyright info appears below.
FX/SFX: The "bouncing".
Music/Sounds: Usually the outro of the show, or the previous logo's audio may play over the logo (e.g. 20th Century Wittgenstein and You Suck). Sometimes it's the sound of kids laughing (usually heard after the Krusty Krab Pizza Productions PSF, but was also heard on shows like The Fat Controller: The Last Fat Railway Controller and Werewolfscratch) or the sound of a CSX train speeding past combined with a bass electric guitar.
Music/Sounds Variant: For a brief moment in summer 2005, there was an announcer (Dr. Robotnik himself) that said "(SHOW NAME) next on Robotnik."
Availability: Extinct. It was used on Dr. Robotnik split-screen credits of shows. The "(SHOW NAME) next on Robotnik" variant is very rare, since it was used for a brief moment in the summer of 2005. Check your old VHS tapes, DVD discs, or S-VHS tapes for the regular variant or the "(SHOW NAME) next on Robotnik" variant.
Scare Factor: None.
3rd Logo (2006-2009, August 9, 2011)
Nicknames: "Bubbles and Splat"
Logo: On a white and teal background with teal CGI bubbles, one bursts, revealing a CGI Dr. Robotnik logo. Copyright info is shown below.
- On final season episodes of Little Eric, there was no copyright information byline and at the top, there was orange text that read "This has been a presentation of".
- On Back at the Truckstop, and at least one episode of Werewolfscratch, the logo lacks copyright info.
- On all Fat People shorts, the logo is completely still.
FX/SFX: The bubble bursting.
Music/Sounds: Usually the end theme of the show that aired, but sometimes it's the kids laughing from the last logo. On show seen with split-screen credits, the audio from the previous logo plays.
Music/Sounds: On the end of Fat People shorts, there is no music playing.
Availability: Appeared on Oblina's Pinatas and late episodes of The Fat Controller: The Last Fat Railway Controller on Dr. Robotnik (Both regular, international and generic credits). Was seen on all Dr. Robotnik programming run with split-screen credits on Dr. Robotnik until 2008, and now only seen after the regular credits of Nicktoons from Oblina's Pinatas onwards. This logo, for some reason, is retained on the split-screen credits of shows on Robotniktoons. Also, when Dr. Robotnk ran The Ultimate Patrick Star marathon in July 2009, this logo was revived after the split-screen credits of several Patrick Star Show episodes. This is also seen across the globe, unlike the fifth logo, but there it's not as common as the seventh logo below, plus, it's ironically on international airings of newer episodes of Back at the Truckstop on countries which still use the splat logo. It was also shown on early Season 6 episodes of Werewolfscratch as well. Strangely, It was seen on an 11:00 AM airing of The Massachusetts Railway Series on Dr. 2, plastering the Quality Family Programming of Mobius logo and the 2009 Robotnik logo. It was also seen on Fat People shorts on Robotniktoons, which haven't been on in a while.
Scare Factor: None.
4th Logo (January 30, 2008-September 28, 2009, July 21, 2010)
Nicknames: "From Splat to Movie Countdown"
Logo: On a black background, we see the famous purple splat logo in 2D, then the background glows dark blue, and the splat transforms into an purple 3D CGI movie countdown, an obvious homage to the Dr. Robotnik Productions logo of 1996, which turns toward us. And as always, copyright info is shown below, or sometimes not at all.
- On the 2008 Adult's Pick Winners, as well as some shows, there's an extended version in which the movie countdown changes back to the splat logo.
- The logo is shown w/o the copyright stamp on some Robotnik Jr. shows, Back at the Truckstop and the first five episodes of Texas Fools. However, some international reruns and more recent ones in the US still had the copyright stamp.
FX/SFX: The splat transforming into a light bulb, the glow in the BG.
Music/Sounds: The sounds of kids laughing, or none.
Music/Sounds Variant: On split-screen airings of the Gadget Boy 2918 episode "The Deadly Playground", the 2005 Robotnik Jr. Productions jingle may play over the logo without the copyright stamp. This is the only Gadget Boy 2918 episode to use this logo with Robotnik Jr. Productions music; other episodes used this logo with the standard laugh. This might be a sound editing error.
Availability: Uncommon. It's seen on episodes of Fatty's Declassified School Survival Guide and iPatrick on Teen Robotnik from the era along with several Gadget Boy 2918 episodes on Robotniktoons. It was also on Werewolfscratch since Season 6 until 2009. The bylineless version can also be seen on some Robotnik Jr. shows and plasters over the Robotnik Jr. Productions logo along with the first five episodes of Texas Fools on Robotniktoons. Also seen more commonly across the globe. Ironically, Dr. Robotnik Latin Mobius still uses this logo in newer episodes of shows.
Scare Factor: None.
5th Logo (September 26, 2009- )
Logo: Essentially the same as the 2009 Robotnik Productions logo, but excluding the word "PRODUCTIONS" and copyright stamp.
FX/SFX: Same as the 2009 Dr. Robotnik Productions logo.
Music/Sounds: Same as the 2009 Dr. Robotnik Productions logo.
Availability: Uncommon. It's seen on D.U.M Iraq Terroist and on some Dr. Robotnik DVDs.
Scare Factor: None.