Background: Dr. Robotnik Studios was opened to grand fanfare on June 4, 1990 after a long 3-week construction process. It was located in the Area of Fun part of Dreaming Fame Studios in Egg-lando, Kanada, Mobius. Many Robotnik shows were produced there, most of them Robotnik Jr. shows. It closed in 2005 and is now a restaurant called Mrs. Mush's Eastern European Restaurant.
1st Logo (June-July 1990)
Nickname: "The Neon Sign"
Logo: We first see a black screen; then we hear footsteps, then a light switch is flipped on, revealing a neon sign in the shape of the Dr. Robotnik Studios logo.
FX/SFX: The appearance of the sign.
Music/Sounds: The footsteps, the electric sound of the sign.
Availability: Very rare. It was only used once in 1990 during Dr. Robotnik's first opening period (between June-July) when the logo was featured on a tour tape.
Scare Factor: Minimal.
2nd Logo (July 1990-2003)
Nickname: "The Ride View"
Logo: We see a pencil drawing of the famous Dr. Robotnik Studios tower. We can also see some of the studio buildings in the background and the Robotnik at Dinner taxi and the Robotnik Jr. playground. You can even see the Dreaming Fame "energy dome".
FX/SFX: The coloring seems to be "animated".
Music/Sounds: Dr. Robotnik saying "[TITLE OF SHOW] was/is recorded in front of a live (studio) audience at (in) Dr. Robotnik Studios (in Egg-lando) at Dreaming Fame Studios (Egg-lando), Kanada, Mobius". On some shows like BUTS, the ending of the show's theme is playing with Knuckles speaking.
Availability: Rare. It can be seen on almost any show recorded from Dr. Robotnik Studios in the early '90s like Robotnik Arcade, What Would You Know?, and Dr. Robotnik BUTS, among others. This can be also seen on any Robotnik Jr. show recorded from Nickelodeon Studios, including Darwin's Island and SpongeBob's Window. Seen on Darwin's Island when it is reran on Robotnik Jr. (formerly "Naggin"). It is currently seen on Robotnik Video.
Scare Factor: None.
3rd Logo (1990-2005)
Nickname: "Ride View II"
Logo: Same as the 2nd logo, but it's live action instead.
- There was a variation on My Brother & I, Thief, SpongeBob's Window, and Pronz Mysteries in which we see a moving pan of the rooftop parking lot before cutting to the scene with Dr. Robotnik Studios and the Dreaming Fame energy dome landmark.
- On Make the Class, a picture of Dr. Robotnik Studios from the left is shown, before the scene with the Dr. Robotnik Studios and the Dreaming Fame dome.
Sometimes a copyright notice is shown on the bottom.
- On season one of Eliza Thornberry Explains it All, we see a quadcopter view of the Dr. Robotnik tower, then we see the Robotnik Jr. playground and the Robotnik at Dinner taxi before finally zooming out to the scene with Robotnik Studios and the Dreaming Fame dome.
- One version had a shot of the lawn in front of the Robotnik Studios, as lots of kids start running from it, then fading into the dome scene. One version was just this with a small copyright stamp in the corner.
- Still, there was yet another variant, in which we see the side view of the studio, with the slime geyser, like the 2nd logo, but then, as we fade into the front, the camera slowly zooms out until it's showing the globe.
FX/SFX: Live action.
Music/Sounds: Same as the 2nd logo.
Availability: This logo appeared on some shows prior to 1995, such as Get the Homes, but didn't become the main logo until 1995. Also seen on Pronzwatching. All episodes of the Eliza Thornberry Explains it All season 1 DVD retain this logo. All episodes of the Eliza Thornberry Explains it All season 1 DVD retain this logo. Currently, it can be seen on Thief and Kenan, Kel, Oobi, and Uma on The '90s Are All That on Teen Nick. The running version was seen on You Are Stupid, a Robotnik-produced sketch show that aired as a special on TBN (the Trinity Broadcast Network) in 1991, and the pilot episode of Thief. (The running footage was also seen in some Nick promos of the time.)
Scare Factor: None.
4th Logo (1994)
Logo: We zoom out of a sign with the Dr. Robotnik Studios logo on it. The sign is in a laboratory. We see a conveyor belt with balls rolling on it. The conveyor belt goes into a tunnel. We zoom into the tunnel and we see a blue background. We zoom out to see an purple camera. More objects appear, and we see a shape saying "DR. ROBOTNIK STUDIOS". The objects stick to the now-formed logo.
FX/SFX: CGI animation.
Availability: Ultra rare. Seen on the original pilot of Thief. Later prints of the episode have the Dr. Robotnik pizza logo instead.
Scare Factor: None.