Background: In 1987, ICHC Pictures Television was formed in a strip mall in Kittenolivia which of course the name of the company was including the name of its parent company (ICHC Pictures). In 1990, the company made the ICHC Network's most successful animated series, The Lolcat Show (August 11, 1991-June 8, 2016). After that, they made other successful animated shows such as Happycat in the Jungle (September 1, 1998-June 11, 2004), Frankenstein: The Animated Series (October 29, 1994-March 28, 1999), XPlosive (August 16, 1999-July 30, 2004), Law and Order: The Animated Series (October 25, 2010-November 14, 2016), Rock and Rollers (April 12, 2003-August 17, 2008), EpicWorld (for Argosy Network and Universal Television) and The Adventures of Billy Mays (a promoted cartoon available exclusively if you called a certain 1-800 number from 2006 to early 2008). The company currently produces Epic Battle cartoons for Argosy Network.
1st Logo (September 15, 1987-December 19, 1998, October 20, 2002-March 1, 2003, March 11, 2012)
Logo: Same as the 1984 ICHC Pictures logo, but the byline is replaced by "TELEVISION".
- Airings of the Lolcat High episode "Electives" on CBS had this logo instead of the 3rd logo.
- The The Lolcat Show Spanish dub variants were done by a russian company who had never seen or heard of ICHC.
- On early episodes of EpicWorld, the Worldvision logo logo cuts straight to this one, so that the MGM roar seems to "complete" the Worldvision logo's audio.
- An in-credit variation was on the first few episodes of The Lolcat Show.
- A version exists on the first two seasons of Frankenstein: The Animated Series where the logo fades out early and the music trails off into the El TV Kadsre Television logo.
- On 1993 Latin American VHS releases of the Spanish dub of "The Lolcat Show", the logo is shown on the bottom right of the screen with the Thames Television Production logo at the top left. On 1995 releases, both logos are in 3D and sometimes spin around each other.
- On a 1993 Christmas special of The Lolcat Show (later released on video as A Lolcat Christmas), the logo is superimposed over the end of the final scene.
- On the 1998 TV movie Happycat's Great Escape!, Happycat is seen holding the byline.
Music/Sounds: The MGM lion's roar. In exceptional cases, it used only the closing theme on some shows.
Availability: Common. Currently seen on The Lolcat Show episodes from the era on ICHC Retro, DVD, and Blu-Ray, including episodes when it was used as a placeholder between the next logo and the third logo (however, current prints of these episodes use the 2nd logo). Preserved on DVDs of EpicWorld, DVDs and VHS tapes of Robot Adventures, and VHS tapes, and DVDs (via Amazon.com) and digital downloads of Frankenstein: The Animated Series. The in-credit variant appears on reruns of the first few episodes of The Lolcat Show. Also seen on early episodes of Happycat in the Jungle.
Editor’s Note: The logo is the same as the movie logo, with only a few changes! That's very unprofessional!
EpicWorld Custom Logo 1 (1994-1996)
Logo: On various backgrounds, the EpicWorld logo flies around the screen then immediately disappears as a copyright notice appears. A few seconds later, the logo goes in random (a la the Bouncing DVD Logo) until it reaches the center of the screen. Less than a second later, the ICHC television logo appears zooming out plastering the logo.
- For the first season only, the ICHC logo is the still of the previous logo.
- For the final two seasons of this sequence, it was changed to a pink background with blue text and B&W Happycat pictures.
- In early episodes of EpicWorld as well as Friday episodes, the logo would already begin at the copyright screen.
FX/SFX: The logo flying and going in random, the ICHC logo zooming out.
Music/Sounds: The final eight seconds of the EpicWorld theme song (from Seasons 1-2) with Russi Taylor saying "EpicWorld is a production of ICHC Pictures Television."
Availability: Uncommon, seen at the end of older EpicWorld episodes of the era. Check your old tapes for this one, folks! Still seen on DVDs from the era.
Editor’s Note: None.
EpicWorld Custom Logo 2 (1996-1997)
Logo: On a black background, the EpicWorld logo zooms in with a copyright notice fading in. Afterwards, it immediately cuts to the 1st logo.
Music/Sounds: The ending theme of EpicWorld with Russi Taylor saying "EpicWorld is a production of ICHC Pictures Television."
Availability: Uncommon, seen at the end of older EpicWorld episodes of the era. Check your old tapes for this one, folks! Still found on DVDs from the era.
Editor’s Note: None.
Frankenstein: The Animated Series Custom Logo (1994-1997)
Nickname: "The Frankenstein Logo"
Logo: The closing credits cross fade to a Happycat-like shape which in turn is seen with several Happycat-like shapes and a line that's connected to both sides of the screen. The show's logo is seen in the shape and changes to the words "ICHC PICTURES TELEVISION" in orange. Afterwards, the line would open up and allow the ICHC logo to wiggle away.
- On seasons 1-2, this logo was just two stills of "FRANKENSTEIN: THE ANIMATED SERIES" and "ICHC PICTURES TELEVISION" in the Happycat-shape. The text was also in white. Once the voiceover said "ICHC Pictures Television", the logo stayed on screen a few seconds longer than usual, then immediately cut away to the standard 1st logo; the line did not open up, and the words did not disappear into the center of the screen.
FX/SFX: The words changing/zooming away, the line opening up. Typical CGI effects.
Music/Sounds: The closing theme was usually heard, and Billy West would always say, "Frankenstein: The Animated Series gets its creepy-ness from ICHC Pictures Television."
Availability: Although the show is no longer on TV, the logo can be found on the show's DVDs by ICHC Home Entertainment.
Editor’s Note: Seems very party-ish overall, though the cheap animation and voice-over may give a few people the shakes.
Lolcat TV Special Custom Logo (1996-1997)
Logo: On a blue background, we see the ICHC "MGM Ripoff" wiping in with "ICHC PICTURES TELEVISION" fading in below.
Variant: Sometimes the logo just appears as a still image.
FX/SFX: The wiping in, the text fading in.
Music/Sounds: Just Tom Kenny saying "This has been a production of ICHC Pictures Television."
Availability: The original version was seen on Lolcat TV Specials, and was retained on VHS releases. The still variant was seen on syndicated prints.
Editor’s Note: None.
EpicWorld Custom Logo 3 (1998-1999)
Logo: Against an animated purple BG with a white copyright notice below, and after the EpisWorld logo appears, the ICHC "MGM Ripoff" (in full color) slides up and the text (in white) slides in word-by-word and in the correct order, from the left, right, and left sides of the screen, respectively.
FX/SFX: Just the logo sliding in.
Music/Sounds: The end theme to EpicWorld with Bill Cosby saying "EpicWorld is a production of ICHC Pictures Television.".
Availability: Uncommon; seen on tapes of EpicWorld.
Editor’s Note: None.
Happycat in the Jungle Custom Logo (1998-2004)
Nicknames: "The Rolling Stone", "The Happycat in the Jungle Logo", "Prehistoric ICHC"
Logo: We see three pink boulders against a blue background; the first one is tower-shaped the second one is a sphere, and the third one is in the shape of a cube. Both have cracks and niches in them. From the screen's right, we see a fourth pink boulder in the shape of a sphere rolling in. It bumps into the third boulder, and all four boulders crumble apart slightly; each one forms a letter: the first one forms "I", the second forms "C", the third one forms "H", and the fourth forms "C". Copyright information fades in at the bottom of the screen.
FX/SFX: The boulders rolling and breaking.
Music/Sounds: First we hear several descending piano notes, then the sound of the boulders crumbling, and then an ascending four-note trumpet jingle accompanied by a descending four-note majestic jingle.
Availability: Only used on Happycat in the Jungle, which is hardly ever rerun nowadays.
Editor’s Note: This logo is rather cute, but the huge boulders/jagged "ICHC" design may turn some people off.
2nd Logo (1998-2003, July 13, 2012, November 30, 2012)
Nicknames: "Happycat II"
Logo: Over a black background, we see ribbons, which eventually turn into the MGM logo (without Leo). Happycat appears, and says "ICHC" as the company name fades in below. This logo comes in two versions: a widescreen 16:9 version (for HDTV) and a fullscreen 4:3 version (for SDTV).
- Strangely, this logo appeared on early airings of a few episodes of Canimals. It was an editing mistake made by ICHC when they first started doing the split-screen credits. (How? Well, normally, ICHC makes custom split-screen credits for each show and it's producers. Well, They were the only one that produced multiple show and they created a generic one for these shows. (which mentioned the company as a producer and included Happycat) But on the said episode of Canimals, They were so stupid and flubbed and used the ICHC split screen credits for that episode and that's why Happycat was used.) As of 2006, the logo is plastered by the Voozclub logo on repeat airings (which was in the original credits to begin with) .
- A longer version exists where it starts with a TV turn on effect which reveals static then it starts to fade to black to reveal the ribbons, followed by the rest of the logo's animation.
- There was a different variant where the animation was somewhat worse.
- On 1997-1998 episodes of The Lolcat Show, an in-credit version and the credit "for ICHC Network" below the text appears on a stone background. On 1999-2016 episodes, the logo appears as normally, then slides to the left to show Happycat saying, "KTHXBAI!".
- On Codname: Happycat Agent, Happycat is wearing spyglasses.
FX/SFX: A combination of animation, CGI, and other stuff.
Music/Sounds: The little ditty used in some ICHC Pictures logos, followed by Happycat saying "ICHC", which is stated by his own voice actor. After Happycat finishes saying "ICHC", we hear the MGM lion's roar sound effect.
- Sometimes the music is in warp speed.
- On early television airings of The Lolcat Show, the logo theme is low-pitched.
- On some recent airings of The Lolcat Show, the roar sound is omitted.
- On some episodes of EpicWorld, the logo is silent. The other logos seen after this one, including the Argosy Media and Universal Television logos, were in silence as well.
Availability: Was common in the past, but not so much any more. It can be found on episodes such as those of later The Lolcat Show seasons (not counting the final season, with the next logo, though the first 19 final season episodes have this logo) starting in 1999, XPlosive, Happycat in the Jungle, Law and Order: The Animated Series, and on Rock and Rollerz, the first two currently airing on ICHC Retro, and the latter airing on ICHC Network. The first use of this logo was in the rather obscure cartoon The Adventures of Billy Mays. The alternate variant is quite rare, as it only appears at the end of a few Happycat in the Jungle TV specials.
Editor’s Note: None.
XPlosive Custom Logo (1999-2004)
Logo: On a black BG in the center of the screen, the XPlosive logo from the show of the same name appears (in yellow) and flies across the top of the screen from left to right, wiping in the words "XPLOSIVE" (in green, and in the show's font) with "IS PRODUCED BY" below it (in red). Then, all of a sudden, the "I" in "XPLOSIVE", as well as the "I" and "C" in "IS PRODUCED BY" drop out, swirl around, and form a large "ICHC" in yellow, shoving the rest of the words off the screen. A shooting star then flies across the screen from right to left, wiping in the words "PICTURES TELEVISION" and the ICHC "MGM Ripoff" below that.
Variant: Later episodes do not have the "MGM Ripoff".
FX/SFX: The text being formed, as well as the XPlosive logo. Pretty standard 2D effects.
Music/Sounds: A funky and rock tune, as well as cartoon-like sounds as the words are being formed.
Availability: Seen at the end of XPlosive on ICHC Retro. Retained on the DVD's released by ICHC Home Entertainment.
Editor’s Note: None.
3rd Logo (February 22, 2003-2008)
Nicknames: "Happycat III"
Logo: On a rapidly moving sky background, we see a Happycat head fly from the top of the screen. Then the company's name appears below it.
Trivia: This logo appeared on the first episode of Aaron: The Next Generation in a similar fashion as the previous mistake.
Variants: Here are the eight variants of this logo:
- Blue sky and white clouds (most common variant; it plasters the previous logo on 1999 episodes of Happycat in the Jungle).
- White sky and blue clouds (seen on CBS/ICHC co-productions such as Lolcat High).
- Green sky and red clouds (second common variant; it usually plasters older previous logos). This one is the first to contain the byline as described below.
- Pink sky and green clouds (seen on Spy Buddies).
- The text "An ICHC Holdings Company" (in the same color as the text) is shown below on occasion.
- Yellow sky and dark yellow clouds (seen on some episodes of The Lolcat Show).
- On some occasions. the www.ichc.com URL can be seen underneath the company name.
- Another variant has been discovered using the purple sky and red clouds, and features a byline reading "An Argosy Media Company" underneath the company text, and the ichc.com URL can be seen underneath.
FX/SFX: CGI stuff, duh.
Music/Sounds: A techno version of Happycat's Ditty. In some cases, it uses the closing theme of the show.
Availability: Seen on ICHC TV shows from the era.
Editor’s Note: None.
4th Logo (2008- )
Nicknames: "ICHC All-Stars", "The Collision of Sesame Workshop and ICHC"
Logo: On a blue gradient background, the yellow "ICHC" text in the Impact font is seen, arranged like this:
Next to it, various stills of Lolcat characters appear one-by-one next to the logo, Characters include, from left to right: Ceiling Cat, Basement Cat, Longcat, Monorail Cat, Tacgnol, Keyboard Cat, and Nyan Cat. Then the "PICTURES TELEVISION" text pops in letter-by-letter from right to left, replacing the characters, and is now arranged like this:
ICHC PICTURES TELEVISION
The ICHC "MGM Ripoff" fades in above the text.
- The Lolcat Crew uses a special still variant that shows the Argosy Media logo and ICHC Pictures Television logos at the top with "Produced in association with MTM Enterprises" below it, along with a copyright date.
- On "Lolcat High", a byline underneath the logo says "A ICHC Pictures Television Production for the CBS Television Network" with a copyright date under it.
FX/SFX: The characters appearing and changing into the text, Happycat and the ribbons fading in.
- On episodes of some TV shows, the ending theme is heard.
- Some reruns of The Lolcat Show have the MGM lion's roar, due to sloppy plastering.
Editor’s Note: None.