Background: What if MTM Enterprises continued? This is the result. For Real logos visit MTM Enterprises page...And To See MTM Enterprises Real Logo Description Go To This Page:
2nd Logo (September 8, 1998-November 27, 1999)
Nickname: "The MTM Kitten II", "Mimsie II"
Logo: On a black background a yellow line stretches slightly. Then, the letters "MTM" slide to the top and bottom of the line respectively. Then, a ribboned MTM circle appears with Mimsie inside it. The News Corporation byline appears below the logo when the kitten meows.
FX/SFX: The stretching line and sliding text, and the meowing kitten.
Music/Sounds: An enhanced and extended version of the 1996 MTM jingle.
Availability: Pretty rare nowdays. On television, it was last seen on reruns of St. Elsewhere, Rhoda and Hill Street Blues on TV Land, Newark Land On TV Land, on reruns of Newhart, WKRP in Cincinnati and The Mary Tyler Moore Show on Nick at Nite season 3 episodes of The Pretender on NBC, The Chalk Project, so check these old tapes. Also seen on the first season of the english dub of Pokemon. (Let’s all pretend that the first logo on the second season of The Pretender, OK?)
Editor’s Note: This is another popular logo among many for being a cute parody of the MGM logo like the last logo, though not as popular as the previous one.
3rd Logo (September 25, 1999-May 19, 2001)
Nicknames: "Mimsie in the Studio", "Happy 30th, Mimsie!", "Mimsie In The Break Room", "The MTM Kitten III", "The MTM Kitten 2000", "Mimsie III"
Logo: The previous MTM logo plays (excluding the News Corporation byline), but Mimsie (voiced by Mary Tyler Moore) steps out of the ribbon circle and goes to the break room. She sips some coffee, then says, "Here's to another 30 years! Meow!" Then the text "MTM 30th Anniversary" appears under her with "MTM" its respective font and the rest in a gold script font. The News Corporation byline appears under that. Mimsie winks, and the logo fades out to black.
FX/SFX: Mimsie coming out of the ribbon circle and walking to the breakroom; the text appearing.
Music/Sounds: Same as the previous logo, but after that, a happy fanfare plays.
Availability: Uncommon, seen on the opening of 2000 episodes of the shows MTM produced during this era as well as the final season episodes of The Pretender on NBC, The Season 3 Episodes Of Newark Land On TV Land, and seasons 2 and 3 episodes of the english dub of Pokemon, so check these old tapes.
Editor’s Note: Another cute logo. The CGI used to bring Mimsie to life is great. But like the previous logo, it’s not as popular as the first logo.
4th Logo (January 22, 2001-)
Nicknames: "The MTM Kitten IV", "Anime Kitten", "4Kids Kitten", "Mimsie IV"
Logo: Same as the 1996 version of the 1970 logo, but it is entirely made with CGI. Also, the News Corporation byline is seen below.
- 101 Dalmatian Street: Each episode uses a different clip from the 1961 101 Dalmatians that replaces Mimsie.
- Mimsie's World: Mimsie has a globe which on the letter "T".
- One Piece (4Kids Dub): Mimsie is wearing Luffy’s famous straw hat, and it also features a ring buoy instead of a circle. On one occasion, the "meow" is dubbed with Luffy’s chuckle.
- F-Zero GP Legend (English Dub): Mimsie wears Captain Falcon’s helmet.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003): Mimsie wears a TMNT mask, which sometimes changes color. One time Mimsie meowed in Michelangelo’s voice
- Kirby: Right Back at Ya! (2002-2006 English Dub): Mimsie lip syncs Kirby saying “poyo”. Also the letters are pink.
- Pokémon (The Remaining Seasons to be Dubbed by 4Kids): Pikachu replaces Mimsie.
- Pokémon (The Pokemon Company Dubbed Seasons): Mimsie is wearing Ash Ketchum’s cap though each generation and what generation has a hat where Ash Ketchum is wearing.
- The Pretender 2001/The Pretender: Island of the Haunted: The logo is a still picture.
- Ed, Edd n Eddy: Ed replaces Mimsie who laughs.
- The Creu Show: Creu replaces Mimsie. He says "Why am I here?", then the cameraman replies with "We‘re filming a variant!". On the episode "Carameldansen", Creu is doing the carameldancen.
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Gary replaces Mimsie.
- The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show: Snoopy replaces Mimsie who says "Bleah..." reused from A Charlie Brown Christmas.
FX/SFX: Same as the 1996 version of the 1970 logo. Very excellent CGI!
Music/Sounds: Usually the ending theme played over, or mostly on Shaman King, Sonic X and 101 Dalmatian Street, the music from the 2nd logo plays, along with the kitten meowing or a sound bite of the clip playing in 101 Dalmatian Street.
Availability: Current. This logo is seen on MTM's newest shows and the Ash’s Hat variant has also been plastering the current 4Kids logo, the Mimsie's World variant can be seen on Mimsie's World on Argosy Teenz, and the Pikachu variant on recent prints of the 4Kids seasons of Pokémon on the Pokemon TV app and the original variant on the cartoons on The CW4Kids and Toonzai. Also appears on the Pretender TV movies on TNT. The Ed variant can be seen on 2012-2014 reruns of Ed, Edd n Eddy on Cartoon Network. The Gary variant is also seen on the YTV airings of SpongeBob SquarePants. The Snoopy variant can be found on US Boomerang reruns of The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show.
Editor’s Note: A really cute logo, and a fantastic CGI remake of the 1996 variant of the first logo.