Background: McDonaldland Blu-ray and DVD is a home entertainment company that was established in 2009 as a joint venture between McDonaldland Inc. (formerly McDonaldland Limited Home Video) and Argosy Media to release McDonaldland Pictures movies on Blu-ray and DVD. It was a huge success, but in 2012, Argosy Media sold their shares to McDonaldland. In 2019, McDonaldland Blu-ray and DVD shuts down, because DeFabbio folded the company.
Nicknames: "Grimace and the McDonaldland Sign", "McDonaldland Blu-ray and DVD", "How Dare You Eat That Sign, Grimace?", "Someone get a new McDonaldland sign!", "The sign isn't a Milkshake!". "My Sesame Street Home Video Ripoff", "Don't You Dare Eat that McDonaldland Sign!", "No, It is Not a Milkshake!", "Grimace Eating a Sign", "That's not Cookie Monster", "Delicious Sign Logo", "Grimace, Stop this crazy thing!", "Grimace vs. the McDonaldland sign", "Grimace kills the sign", "Hamburglar shooting the sign" (Billy Mays: the Movie variant), "Hamburglar gains superpowers!" (Ronald McDonald meets the Flinstones variant)
Logo: Against a white BG, we see the familiar red and yellow McDonaldland sign come up from the bottom of the screen, but elongated at the bottom to make room for the words "Blu-ray & DVD" (also in Black). An animated version of Grimace (voiced by Frank Welker) is behind the logo (but only his head and arms are shown). He looks back and forth, and then takes a bite out of the top left side of the sign and chews it noisily and messily! He then licks his finger, and he then he smiles. As the logo fades out, Grimace says "Delicious!".
- There was a shortened version of the logo used in its later years - this one simply begins with Grimace eating the sign.
- On The Best of Ronald McDonald, Grimace says nothing.
- On UK releases, the Argosy Media logo fades to this logo.
- Billy Mays: the Movie, uses a variant with the Hamburglar in place of Grimace. A byline underneath the logo says "A McDonald's Company" and also has a McDonald's URL under that, and then shoots of the top left side of the sign and falls down. As the logo fades out, Hamburglar Saying "OW!".
- On "Ronald McDonald meets the Flinstones", Hamburglar eats the sign (like the normal variant) instead of using a lasergun shooting of the top left side of the sign falling down and gains muscles like Popeye.
FX/SFX: Grimace's animations.
Music/Sounds: Grimace munching on the sign with the intro from the original 1969-1992 Sesame Street episodes (a slow-paced harmonica rendition of the familiar tune used to introduce the show's "street scenes" from the time; same as Sesame Street Home Video 1986-1996 logo, but low-pitched) and Grimace saying "Delicious!".
Music/Sounds Variant: Billy Mays: the Movie uses the Harlech Television "Waterfall" theme with this logo, and Hamburglar shoots the sign with laser beam gun, Hamburglar saying "OW!" as the logo fades out. Ronald McDonald meets the Flinstones used Meet the Flinstones song with this logo and same munching sounds from the normal variant but withount munching voices.
Availability: Seen on New McDonaldland videos under the "McDonaldland Blu-ray and DVD" label from the period distributed by Argosy Media (there were 30 in all). These Blu-ray and DVD's packaging is colored green, so they're very easy to spot. Though the last official video in the movie was Ronald McDonald meets the Flinstones in 2016, Argosy Media released two more new videos in 2016 with this: Best of Grimace and Ronald's Sing-Along Songs!.
Editor’s Note: None.
Nickname: "The Characters Work for Job" "Another Sesame Street Logo Ripoff", "The Modified McDonaldland Sign", "Ronald and Friends", "Elmo, why Ronald and his friends take over it?", "Ronald steals Elmo's way", "Ronald and the gang", "The gang's job", "Teamwork Time!", "Wacky Building Sign", "More Ronald's friends come to help him", "Ronald McDonald & Co", "The super duper gang of Ronald and Friends" (2017-2019 variant)
Logo: Against a sky background, we see a close-up of the McDonaldland sign. The camera zooms out, and we see Ronald, Grimace, Hamburglar, Birdie, Mayor McCheese, Officer Big Mac, and Aaron the Cat building something. Everyone except Ronald (who is standing on a ladder) walks away, then Ronald raises some Red wood, which stretches out to read "HOME ENTERTAINMENT". Ronald smiles and giggles at the end.
FX/SFX: The characters building "Home Entertainment", Ronald revealing "Home Entertainment".
- In 2017, the "Argosy Media presents" was removed from the top of the sign, leaving the top of the sign blank.
- On the 2019 reprint DVD of Ronald-A-Rama, "McDonald's Presents" was added to the top, replacing "Argosy Media presents"
- Starting in 2017, more characters are added building something:
- Ed, Edd, Eddy, Sarah, Jimmy, Rolf, Nazz, Kevin, Jonny 2x4 and Plank from Ed, Edd n Eddy
- Spongebob Squarepants, Patrick Star, Squidward Tentacles, Eugene H. Krabs and Plankton from Spongebob Squarepants
- Blossom, Bubbles, Buttercup and Professor Utonium (In their 1998 appearance) from The Powerpuff Girls
- Fat Albert, Dumb Donald, Bucky, Mushmouth, Russel, Weird Harold, Bill and Rudy from Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids
- Danger Mouse and Penfold (In their 1981 appearance) from Danger Mouse
- Red, Yellow, Blue, Orange, Green and Brown from M&M's
- The Loud Kids from The Loud House
- Big Bird, Elmo, Snuffy, Cookie Monster, Ernie, and Zoe from Sesame Street (like the 1996-2001 Sesame Street Home Video logo)
Music/Sounds: The A-Team theme, and we hear Aaron the Cat giggling, Birdie saying "I'm so excited!", Grimace saying "Hey that looks Good!", and finally after "HOME ENTERTAINMENT" is shown, Ronald saying "McDonaldland Home Entertainment!".
Music/Sounds Variant: Starting in 2017, we hear Zoe giggling as Aaron giggling, Cookie Monster saying "This so very exciting!" after when Birdie says "I'm so excited!", Big Bird saying "Hey that looks good!" with Grimace saying the same line as him, Ernie laughing, Elmo giggling, Ed Laughing while Sarah yelling "CUT IT OUT BIGHEAD!!!", Jimmy yelps "Ow!" when he is crowded, Spongebob laughing, Patrick laughing, Plankton screaming "Ouch!" after when he's knocked down, some flighting sounds for the Powerpuff Girls when they and others are building, Kevin shouting "Knock it off Dorks!", Eddy saying "This is so good!", Fat Albert saying his trademark "Hey Hey Hey!", Eugene H. Krabs saying "Money for every builder!", Lana saying "Hey, where are the snickerdoodles?", and Lola saying "I. Hate. THIS!".
Availability: On Argosy DVDs (and some early Blu-rays) of McDonaldland TV specials, such as Ronald-A-Rama. However in the UK, it was seen on a few mid-2010s DVD releases from Argosy Media Home Entertainment. It was last seen on Aaron and the Addams Family meets Kim Possible and DVD re-release of some The Wacky Adventures of Ronald McDonald episodes.
Editor’s Note: None.