(September 4, 1984-December 23, 1986)
Logo: On a blue background, the original logo for Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends can be seen. The logo consists of a Picture of Thomas with a puff of smoke that displays the show's name, in front of an oval that resembles a railway number plate. On the oval reads "Britt Allcroft Limited 1983". Above the symbol reads the text "for Britt Alcroft Ltd" (This logo was always preceded by the Clearwater Features logo, meaning the full sentence is "A Clearwater Features Production for Britt Allcroft Ltd") in Bevan.
- On season 2 of Thomas The Tank Engine & Friends, a copyright notice now appears on the bottom half of the screen reading "(C) Britt Allcroft Limited 1986" with the Thomas The Tank Engine & Friends logo shifted up a bit, the text above the logo now reads "For Britt Allcroft Limited" instead of "for Britt Allcroft Ltd".
- On the original ITV broadcasts of the first two seasons of Thomas The Tank Engine & Friends, this logo fades into the Central logo of the time.
Music/Sounds: The ending theme of the show.
Availability: Was used alongside the Clearwater Features logo on TV Broadcasts of Series 1 and 2 of Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends during the 80's, and can be found on Guild Home Video, Screen Legends, ABC Video, Pickwick Video, and early Video Collection VHS releases of the show. All VHS and DVD releases of the show's first two seasons have used the second logo since 1991, with early re-releases removing the Clearwater Features logo and this logo with a shot of Thomas from the episode "Saved From Scrap", which listed the show's producers.
Scare Factor: None. Unless Thomas freaks you out.
(January 29, 1989-July 14, 2000, October 2, 2006-September 15, 2007)
Nickname: “The Cursive Britt”, "The Thomas The Tank Engine Logo"
Logo: On a shady lavender background, a light apricot-piggy pink gradient line forms the word “Britt” in an odd cursive font. “BRITT ALLCROFT PRESENTS” in a white Gill Sans font fades in below the name (just touching the bottom), and it shines.
- There’s a variant that reads “A BRITT ALLCROFT PRODUCTION” at the end of many of the company’s shows, sometimes with copyright info below.
- One variant replaces "PRESENTS" with "PRESENTATION". This appeared on a trailer for Thomas the Tank Engine.
- On some occasions, the copyright info is eliminated in favor of the slogan, "ENTERTAINMENT TO GROW UP WITH" in a white Times New Roman font fading in below. It appears on some american Season 5 tapes of Thomas and Friends and can be seen on the VHS tape Ten Years of Thomas which includes the copyright date and the logo's music.
- On the early UK tapes for the third series of Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends (1991-1992), the notice "A Britt Allcroft production in association with Fuji Television Network, Inc." is shown on the logo's regular background, written in the then-corporate Thomas & Friends typeface (Rockwell condensed bold). After this message is displayed, it cuts to a copyright screen with a smaller Britt Allcroft logo. Sometimes the first bunch of text (Not the Copyright Screen) is set over the BG of the episode. This variant has also been seen on Thomas Gets Bumped and 17 Other Stories and Thomas' Christmas Party and 17 More Stories with an extended copyright date copyrighting all the years the episodes first aired.
- On the Thomas' Train and 17 Other Stories video, the copyright date is in a different font, is larger and does not fade in or out.
- On the Thomas The Tank Engine: Playtime VHS, a silent, still version is used.
- On earlier airings and VHS tapes of Britt Allcroft's Magic Adventures of Mumfie, the logo is on a black background. a copyright date crediting a company called "Quality Family Entertainment Ltd.". The Britt Allcroft logo animates in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, similar to how it plays in the third variant. The logo's music is intact.
- On some airings of Mumfie on Nick Jr., the logo is abridged.
- On Singalong With Thomas, the copyright date on the bottom of the logo appears through an effect.
FX/SFX: The writing of “Britt”, the text shining.
Cheesy Factor: The animation looks way too simple.
Music/Sounds: A happy-sounding flageolet/glockenspiel/synthesizer solo, which would later serve as the opening notes for the “Island Song”. The end version from Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends and the second season of Magic Adventures of Mumfie usually has the end theme of the show playing over it. For music videos from the show as well as some later Thomas The Tank Engine & Friends VHS releases, the ident is silent.
Music/Sounds Variant: On season one episodes and BMG video prints of Britt Allcroft's Magic Adventures of Mumfie, the first variant of the logo plays the music.
Availability: Can be seen on The Video Collection/Strand Home Video, ABC Video, Video Treasures, and Anchor Bay releases of Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends. The "Classic Collection" releases of the show also use this logo. Also showed up on Mr. Conductor's Thomas Tales on PBS, as well as Fox Family episodes of Mister Moose's Fun Time (during the Thomas segments), Britt Allcroft's Magic Adventures of Mumfie and Storytime with Thomas. Season 1-5 episodes of Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends on PBS Kids Sprout also have this as well. The Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video and DVD prints of Britt Allcroft's Magic Adventures of Mumfie (excluding the 2012 release of Mumfie's Quest, which uses a still of the third logo on a black background without the bird), plaster this logo with the third one at the beginning of episodes, but is retained at the end of episodes. Also can be found on all VHS releases of Shining Time Station and Britt Allcroft's Magic Adventures of Mumfie. Strangely, this makes a surprise appearance on the Thomas & Friends DVDs Thomas and the Really Brave Engines, On Site with Thomas, and Thomas' Trusty Friends, most likely an editing mistake made by HiT Entertainment or Anchor Bay Entertainment.
Scare Factor Low. The odd-looking “Britt” and the music may startle some, but this is mostly family-friendly. It is a favorite (and familiar) logo among long-time Thomas fans.